Vacancy based at London 21: Capital Clean-up Campaigns Officer
The Capital Clean-up Campaign is an exciting project that seeks to create a cleaner London in time for the Olympics in 2012 and beyond. The Campaign draws together clean-up activities under a single banner to raise awareness of the importance of local environment quality issues with Residents and Visitors to the Capital.
Following a successful campaign in 2008, we are looking to develop the Campaign and continue to build momentum.
POSITION TITLE: Capital Clean-up Campaigns Officer
TERMS: Full-time 4-month contract (With potential for extension – subject to funding)
DEADLINE: 5pm, 30 January 2009
INTERVIEWS: 4 February 2009
SALARY: £22,500 (Pro-rata)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Line Management to London 21 Director; Accountable to the Capital Standards Steering Group
JOB DESCRIPTION: London 21, on behalf of the Capital Standards programme is looking to recruit an individual to take a pro-active role in the delivery of the Capital Clean-up Campaign objectives, with day-to-day responsibility for:
• Engaging campaign partners to encourage participation and where appropriate provide support
• Developing the Capital Clean-up Campaign events programme, including co-ordinating with individual event organisers
• Maintaining the Capital Clean-up event database to ensure accurate records and a structured system of stakeholder communication
• Updating the campaign website with volunteering opportunities and other relevant information
• Identifying and attracting commercial and non-commercial funding
• Monitoring clean-up activities and recording outcome information
• Attending selected clean-up events across London
• Assisting the Capital Clean-up Advisory Group in the creation and delivery of the launch and finale events
• Attending and providing administration support to Advisory Group Meetings
• Evaluating the 2009 campaign and producing evaluation report for the Capital Standards Steering Group
• Demonstrated knowledge of environmental issues
• Experience of project management
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
• Basic computer skills and basic HTML skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to represent an organisation to a diverse range of stakeholders
• Demonstrated knowledge of waste management issues
• Good geographical knowledge of Greater London
• Experience in developing a communications strategy, and working with the media
• Access to computer for work purposes
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, demonstrating clearly how you meet the requirements of the post, along with a CV to email@example.com by 5pm, January 30.
Regretfully, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interviews shall be held on February 4, 2009.
For additional details, click here.
|Contact Person||Krista Varsakis|